While writing my article on cloud storage I had to research the ability to place certain sharing folders in certain locations. I did find that you can indeed move the default installation locations for both DropBox and Google Drive folders.
- Click on the Dropbox icon from your menu bar or system tray. Select Preferences
- Click the Advanced tab.
- Select new desired folder location from the drop-down menu labeled Dropbox location
- Let Dropbox move your folder and its contents to its new location.
- Simply move the Google Drive folder with your File Browser/Finder.
- Click the Google Drive icon in your computer’s toolbar or system tray.
- Select “Error – local Google Drive folder is missing.”
- Click Locate folder…
- Select your folder in its new location and click Open.
- Google Drive will reconnect.